Experiencing Peace, Giving Love, Sharing Joi

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Anise

Anise


Also known as Sweet Anise or Fennel. Has a sweet, mild licorice flavor. Popular European vegetable, especially in Italy and France. Not to be confused with herb anise, which is grown for its seeds and sold as a seasoning. The feathery fronds can be used as an herb, like dillweed, to flavor soups and stews. The broad bulbous base is treated like a vegetable.





As I seek God about beginning the Daniel Fast with my church I have researched recipes, Daniel's journey, and the recesses of my own heart. When researching recipes one of them mentioned them use of fennel, an atypical ingredient, and noted that it had a sweet smelling aroma, sweet anise.

And then in my daily bible reading there were references to Noah's sacrifice to God following his disembarkment from the ark with his family.  After an entire year on board the ark with smelly animals, family and in-laws, Noah's very first order of business was to build an altar and make a sacrifice to God. God  was so pleased by the aroma of Noah's sacrifce that He saved all of humanity. In his heart, our Lord said the following:

"Never again will I curse the ground because of human beings, even though [a] every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

 22 "As long as the earth endures,

seedtime and harvest,

cold and heat,

summer and winter,

day and night

will never cease."


How much more will God bless our families for our obedience. I pray God increase us as we endeavor to submit ourselves to Him in fasting. I submit this seed humbly and expectantly for a great and abundant harvest.

Shalom,

love.joi

No comments:

Post a Comment