Experiencing Peace, Giving Love, Sharing Joi

Monday, January 4, 2010

Catharsis


Main Entry: ca·thar·sis
Pronunciation: \kə-ˈthär-səs\
Inflected Form(s): plural ca·thar·ses \-ˌsēz\

2 a : purification or purgation of the emotions (as pity and fear)primarily through art brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension

All too often, I am like a little child afraid to jump off the cliff. When it's a matter of life and death, figurative and literally, God will push me. But, it is my desire to be free in all things. I pray that God will aid me in experiencing true Joi and that I will finally fully accept His offer of perfect peace.

It's funny how I know that there are always 3 factors toiling around in my head. My desires, the devil's evil will, and then the divine direction of my heavenly Father. As I try to get this monkey of fear and doubt off of my back it's remains challenging to hear God's voice and retain the stick-to-it-ness required to lead a life that is as full as it can be to reflect the glory of my Father. I know there is much more that I can receive if I can fully and finally latch on and not let go of My Father's love and acceptance. I so want to attain perfect peace, lasting love, and fullness of Joi.

Pray with me as I endeavor to shed this monkey from my back and instead bask in the glow of my Father's love. My fullness can be retained and maintained only through Him. I want to get it right this time.

I always hated this song because it was just too close to home. I truly want to get it right this lifetime.

"And I, I can let my life pass me by
or I can get down and try
work it all out this lifetime"


No comments:

Post a Comment