Experiencing Peace, Giving Love, Sharing Joi

Monday, December 28, 2009

<3>


Me

I am no one and yet how can it be?
Everyone else is so sure of me
I have my doubts and insecurities
But it is from all these people that I should flee.

I feel as if me is no one
and no one is me
Nothing defines or is intrinsically me
Perhaps, it was stripped when I was three.

I wish I could find, I wish I could be
Sure of myself and definitely me.
I want to be sure, I want to be free.
I want to be an interesting, intelligent me.

Just as before when I was three....


This is the first poem I ever wrote in my very first journal, a steno pad, nearly 13 years ago. Having no idea where to being this endeavor, well it seemed apropos to begin at the very beginning of my journaling career as this blog will allow you a peek into what has been made visible primarily to only me since that day in 1997 when it began. It also seemed logical to share with you the moment when God tapped me on the shoulder and asked me whether I would take the wide and widely traveled path or the narrow, sometimes scary, always adventurous and soul satisfying sojourn with Him. I haven't always made the right choices but because He loves me so He reorients my compass and sets me back on course.

I'm not sure what will come next in my life's journey or on this blog. Prayerfully, I'll be obedient and transparent as I share my endeavors to obtain and maintain peace and my adventures in finding, giving, and sometimes begrudgingly receiving love. Through it all, you will become acquainted with this surreptitious character, one who goes by the name of Joi. I have come so far, yet have so far to go. Perhaps, you'll come along with me...

"So Far to Go" Common

No comments:

Post a Comment