Experiencing Peace, Giving Love, Sharing Joi

Thursday, May 27, 2010

On Us to Onus

in⋅se⋅cure
/ˌɪnsɪˈkyʊər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [in-si-kyoor] Show IPA
–adjective
1. subject to fears, doubts, etc.; not self-confident or assured: an insecure person.
2. not confident or certain; uneasy; anxious: He was insecure about the examination. 3. not secure; exposed or liable to risk, loss, or danger: an insecure stock portfolio.



My security is in Christ, this I know. For the bible tells me so.
Strongholds uphold my limits; steal my flow.
Ensure that no more further I'll go.
Just row row row my boat gently down this stream.

It's like a dream. My future.
But my past it won't last.
My present puts those lies on blast.

My presence induces truth not sass.
My past is mediocre.
Next time, I'll play poker.
Mediocrity breeds contempt.

Don't want to go out like some semp.
I can't determine why the strongholds; hold me so.
Keep my life on slow. Can't pass go.
Dreaming high and living low.

It's this trumpet I desire to blow.
Blow it all on life's gamble.
No longer amble; on full throttle.
Just like a gambler. all bets on Christ.
With Him; who paid the price.
My life a willing sacrifice.

But now; I a weak little lamb.
Less than nothing. No more I am
Living like a son of Ham. No bread, no water.
Just the breath of my God; the original godfather.

Making me an offer I cannot refuse.
Him or me; I can choose.
One is a win; the other guarantees I lose.

Why did he make me? then turn right around and break me.
I've never been full. always empty.
never quite right. always remedied
never on the inside. always to the right.
never quite in focus. I cannot see the light.

whenever I try; I always lose. never in focus.
always have the blues.
always on the outside. never within.
never quite in focus. a fog over my life.

never in strife; not quite love.
above he whispers just as he always knew. my father is the onus
the onus. the reproof. 

So girl let it go. you're neither that important or that low.
your father is perfection. it's his ability to wrap it all neatly in a bow.
no bowing down you'll need to do.
for your Father carries the Onus. My God, my Father is the Reproof.

Who can explain His GREATNESS. Who can encapsulate this Love.
No man. Not one thing.
It simply arises from above. Like a white dove, angelic quiet truth
My Father is the Onus. Disseminator of reproofs.




God is. He is all the security you'll ever need. He's just that AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment