Experiencing Peace, Giving Love, Sharing Joi

Monday, March 8, 2010

Love, Bombs, and You

Some say love is a many splendored thing. Others say conditional love is not love. While still others say God is love. I believe that love is synching. Synching? Love begins often when we find commonality, oftentimes over our own insecurities. You can't start that day without at least 2 cups either? Are you addicted to exercise? Do you love the Lord like me? Are you captured by words so much so that they render you speechless or distract you from the task at hand? Sometimes we connect over things like this or loving a certain hue.

I don't know just the answer of where love begins outside of Christ. I know that I love Him because He first loved me. Some even feel the need to separate the "various" forms of love. Experts separate love into its various "forms" naming them phileo, eros, stergos, and love in its highest form agape. I don't know. I can tell you about the love I am blessed to enjoy.

I love my clients, the man on the street, the person sharing the church pew, family members who share my blood, the family  I have chosen who do not. I don't love them like I should; not like my Father would desire but I know that day by day I'll get better because that is His will.

The first step in giving love is receiving the love that is floating around everywhere in the atmosphere; God's love. Love is ever present. Always here. Like the Father. A gift from the Father often exhibited through the mother. In any case, it's present transmitted from one to another.

I can tell you one day how God showed me some magnificent love. On this day, a bomb threat was called into my agency, nongovernmental/social service agency. Many of the clients we serve don't have their own vehicles. So, when a bomb threat is called and clients are standing outside on the one of the coldest days of the year looking like a GAP ad! (the only outwear every last one of them had on was a freaking hoodie.Let's not discuss the footwear!)

Well, I was furious at this silly caller who more than likely got frustrated with one of the staff. So trying to usher clients out of the cold, secure rides for them, and ensure the safety of our clients all during the middle of deadline week was more than a hassle. It left me frustrated and a little peeved.

Little did I know, just across town a client called in and got word of the threat so she carried her not quite 5 feet tall nor 100 pounds soaking wet little behind from the line at Wal-mart to see about me. She moved in the wrong direction toward a bomb threat to see about me. A single mother of several babies moved toward a bomb (threat; but hey who can be 100% certain) Reminded me of the Father, aways there but seemingly more present when trouble comes in like a flood.

Anyway, it was some love and I found it. Be sure to enjoi the small joys.

Be Blessed,

love.joi)))

Before I called He answered.
With and unfailing agape love; He loves me!
"Lord God, give me the desire to be persistent in service, while I have health and strength. May I experience the sweetness that comes in doing the thing that I ought to have done, as well as that in which I took the most pleasure. Help me to so live that my days may be useful, and be recalled with bright and happy recollections. Amen." Margaret Bird Steinmetz

1 comment: